Green Garlic is a young garlic plant that looks absolutely beautiful. The foliage is flat, a single garlic clove at the base and has lush long roots. Every inch of the plant is edible.
It has milder, fresher and pleasant taste, unlike the regular garlic.
How to Purchase?
It is easily available in any local market and look quite similar to spring onions but with a slight difference.
Always buy lush green garlic. It has a mild smell of garlic. The foliage/leaves should be firm and not wilted, soggy or dried.
It can easily be stored in the fridge for 4-6days.
- Dips & Dressings
- Pulao/ Rice
- Non-veg dishes like kheema
Green Garlic-Coriander Paratha
Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Green Garlic- ½ cup
Coriander- ¼ cup
Red chili powder-1 Tsp
Salt- as per taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl using adequate water to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 small balls.
- Roll the small dough balls into circles.
- Heat a non-stick pan and place the rolled dough on it. Let one side cook properly then flip it over so the other side browns slightly.
- Served Hot with a spoon of homemade ghee, dahi or any other chutney of preference.