Beetroot Hummus is a simple hummus recipe with the goodness and gorgeousness of the humble beetroot.
I love Hummus. I’ve been making beet hummus for over a year now and everyone loves it.
Hummus is not just filling but it looks pretty and tastes great too. It also goes easily with bread, tacos, wraps, and crackers. There are so many variations of hummus one can make.
But it wasn’t until yesterday when someone asked me to share the beet hummus recipe that I realized I hadn’t shared it here on my blog. So here is my version of this simple pink hummus.
All you need is some chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, beetroots, cumin, and some salt. Also, while I’ve made this recipe using boiled beetroot, one can use roasted beets.
- Mixer/ Food Processor
- 1 cup Chickpeas Boiled
- 1 medium Beetroot Boiled
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Add all ingredients in a Mixer/Food processor.
- Blend it till its a nice creamy paste.
- Adjust the cumin, salt, oil, lime juice and water as per taste.
- Serve it with crackers or in wraps
- For more intense color, add in the water in which the beetroot is boiled while blending the hummus instead of regular water.
Pingback: Baby Spinach Hummus ( Green hummus) - Nutritionist Aditi Prabhu
Pingback: Fire Roasted Tomato Hummus Recipe - Nutritionist Aditi Prabhu