Prawn Dangar/Cutlet is a delicious prawn cutlet recipe. It is great as a snack as well as a part of a meal.
As far as I know, this is a Goan dish. Many even call it the ” Poor mans food ” when its made with tiny shrimp.
I’ve grown up consuming it and this recipe is a pass down from my grandmother to my mother and then to me.
- Mixing bowl
- Iron skillet/non stick pan
- 1 cup small shrimps/prawns (cleaned and washed)
- 1/2 cup Fine semolina (to make it gluten free, use jowar semolina)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1.5 tsp Tamrind paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- Spring onion/coriander (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in some water for binding if needed.
- Divide the mixture into 8 separate balls and flatten it lightly.
- Heat a pan, brush some oil and place the cutlet on the pan. When browning happens, flip it over and let it cook till brown.
- Serve it as a snack or with a meal.