Moong Chilla/Dosa is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It can even be used for a meal or a snack. Plus, you can make different variations in the simple Moong Chilla.
Green Gram Dal-1 cup
Green chilli-ginger-garlic paste-1-1.5 tsp
Salt-as per taste
- Wash the green gram dal 3-4 times thoroughly.
- Soak it in water for 3-5 hours with 2-3 cups of water.
- Discard the excess water and then grind the dal to smooth thick paste using 1/4 cup water. *You may have to adjust the water quantity as per requirement.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Brush it will oil and then pour a scoop of batter. Rotate the batter in a circular motion to form the chilla.
- Let that side cook till slightly brown then flip it to the other side.
- You can add spinach, green garlic, coriander into the dal itself to add variations.
- You can fine chop and add veggies like bottle gourd, carrot, peas, onion, tomatoes, etc to the batter and then pour it into a chilla.
- Alternately, one can use veggies as a filling into the dosa.
- Instead of ginger garlic paste, one can just use turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder.
Moong chillas are a plant-based protein recipe. Adding in vegetables balances it out as a meal.