Health goals are what you need for 2021.
Making resolutions for the year is a deed of the past. Somehow they just don’t work out.
People make them at the start and for most, it’s broken within a week, for some in a month and for others by march.
In fact, I feel resolutions are made to be broken. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule.
What I prefer instead is making goals. Goals are Simple, doable, and challenging at times. For goals, keep you going. They keep you focused.
So here is my top 10 health goals list for 2021 for you:
- Make yourself a priority: Most people tend to put others before them. They make others like partners, families, kids, etc a priority, and somewhere down the line stop giving priority to themselves. What they forget is that even they are important and it doesn’t mean you become selfish.
- Make time for self-care: Self-care is taking action about improving your health. It could be as simple as taking a social break, creating me-time, journaling, etc.
- Go local and eat seasonal: If we talk of nutrition goals, this will definitely top the list. So head over to your local market, connect with local vendors and farmers, buy local, and eat what is in season. Wondering how to eat seasonal? Stay tuned I keep posting about seasonal ingredients. Buy local ensures better food quality, lesser food miles, lesser carbon footprint and also strengthening our local economy.
- Reduce packaged foods: Packaged foods include bread, biscuits, noodles etc which are often loaded with salt, sugar, etc. In the last couple of years are consumptions of these products has gone way too high. Having said that not all packaged foods are bad but to find out if they are good to consume turn the pack read the food label.
- Get adequate sleep: With 2020 and the “work from home” scene. The number of long hours, odd schedules, and disturbed work-life balance have hit a lot of people. Sleep has been most impacted and that definitely is bound to impact health. Make sure you get adequate sleep.
- Move more: Invest in a pedometer and achieve the 10k steps every day.
- Make time for regular exercise: Exercise has many benefits and exercise doesn’t mean going to the gyms. You can workout anywhere with or without equipment too.
- Write a gratitude journal: Write down everything, everyone who you are grateful for, and make sure you write every day. Then wait and watch the beautiful change in you. Gratitude journaling is also a form of self-care yet it is so much more.
- Ensure that you consume enough water: Just like sleep, many people take water for granted. So this new year make sure you take in enough water every single day. Get yourself a cool water bottle or a water reminder app if needed
- Meditate: Take 15 mins of your time and make sure you meditate in whatever way that suits you best. Meditation helps a lot in ensuring great mental health.
So what are you waiting for. Create your our list of health goals and share them with me in the comments below.