Thecha is something you definitely need to try if you visit Maharashtra. It is super spicy and is served with simple millet Bhakris or with meals too.
You probably must have read my earlier post on Green garlic and its goodness which is a winter delicacy and a must-try during winters.
Green Garlic Thecha
Green chillies-2-3 ( more if you like it spicier)
Green Garlic- 5-8 strands ( more or less depending on how intense you like your garlic)
Roasted Peanuts-1/2 cup
Roasted Sesame seeds-1-2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok. Then add the green chilies and saute them till they are fried.
- Put the roasted peanuts, fried chilies, sesame seeds, and green garlic in a mixer and coarsely grind it.
- Alternately, you can grind the mixture on a Pata (Indian equipment to grind chutney).
- Finally, add salt to taste.
- Serve it with bhakri or with the meal.
Note: Best avoided with people having gastric or digestive issues.