Rolled oats or old fashion oats are my absolute favorites. They are a must-have ingredient in my pantry.
Rolled Oats are rich in fiber and antioxidants. They are nutritious, provide great satiety, and can help improve blood sugars and lipid profile too. Rolled Oats can be consumed as porridge, smoothies, breakfast bowls, dosas, etc, and many other ways.
Out of all the oats recipes, this recipe tops my list of favorites.
Instant Rolled Oats Dosa is a super quick and easy recipe. The dish requires mainly just one main ingredient- rolled oats. It can be served as a meal and as a snack or even as a pre-workout or post-workout meal.
In fact on a hectic day it is my go-to recipe. All I do is add a couple of veggies to it and turn it into a wholesome meal. Fill it with some tofu/ paneer or serve it with some sauteed mushrooms to make it a balanced dish.
Let me quickly share with you my go-to breakfast recipe but don’t forget to add your twist and share it with me.
Instant Rolled Oats Dosa
Rolled oats: 1 cup, powdered
Red chili powder:1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients except oil with water to make a thick batter. Leave it aside for 20 mins as soaking is important.
- Heat the pan well. Spread the oil well on the pan then pour the batter and spread it out like a dosa.
- Let one side cook properly then flip the dosa to cook the other side.
- In case you do it prior, the dosa tends to break.
- Serve it warm with a paneer filling or simply eat it with coriander chutney or onion tomato chutney.
- To make the dosa crisp one can add 2 tbsp wheat flour, maida, or semolina while making the batter.
- It is best to consume the dosa as soon as possible as when you leave the dosa for long as they turn soggy.
- To keep it gluten-free make sure you buy Gluten-free rolled oats. Check out the shop section to find the products.
- If you plan to add it to your weight loss diet, it is best consumed with the addition of vegetables and some protein to it.
Instant Rolled Oats Dosa
- Non-stick pan
- 1 cup Rolled Oats powdered
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Oil
- Mix in all the ingredients except oil with water to make a thick batter. Leave it aside for 20 mins.
- Heat the pan well. Pour the batter and spread it out like a dosa.
- Let one side cook completely and then flip it to cook the other side. In case you do it prior, the dosa tends to break.
- To make the dosa crisp one can add wheat flour, maida or semolina.
- To keep it gluten-free or to use it for weight loss. Best consumed as per recipe with the addition of vegetables to it.