Flaxseed crackers are a simple and quick recipe made with just 2 main ingredients. These also are vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.
What are crackers?
Crackers are simple flat baked foods that easily go with your dips like hummus, or a yogurt dip. They make for a great quick and light snack.
There are different types of crackers one can make. 2 of my current favorites happen to be the ragi crackers and flaxseed crackers.
About Flaxseed crackers:
These crackers are easy to bake. They require minimal ingredients but making them is an art. You need to be very careful about the temperature and baking time as they get burnt easily.
Tip: Even as you bake while following the instructions of the recipe remember our oven, ingredients, etc differ. So keep an eye on the crackers as they bake and manipulate the oven temperature as per requirement.
- Mixing bowl
- 1 /2 cup Flaxseed Flour Powdered unsalted flaxseed
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Mix herbs+ chili flakes
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 mins.
- Prepare the baking tray by brushing oil.
- In a bowl mix in all dry ingredients.
- Add water slowly into the dry ingredients and let it remain for few minutes.
- Knead the mixture into a ball and then into smaller balls.
- Flatten each small ball on the baking tray with hand ( apply little water or oil to fingers to make it easier) and cut it as required.
- Bake at 180 C for 12-15 minutes.
- Flaxseed tends to burn faster so keep an eye on the crackers. Adjust the timing and temperature for your oven as required.